What’s the best extended car warranty in Canada?
First off, not everyone is familiar with extended auto warranties, and if they are, the thought is likely associated with uncomfortable memories of spending hours in a car dealership trying to get the best deal while navigating through options, financing, and shuffling papers with the finance manager for the purchase of a new vehicle. Or struggling to figure out how to make a claim and who you should be calling.
You could say the automobile industry is a late adopter when it comes to quality service delivery – alleviating those pain points has not been a top priority, especially when it comes to extended car warranty in Canada.
Now that savvy consumers are demanding better, faster, more transparent services, options to avoid the traditional in-store car sales game have started to pop-up online. We like options, options are good. Better service, also good.
So what about your car warranty and what is the best extended car warranty in Canada? A typical manufacturer’s warranty looks something like this: 60,000 km or 3 years. And that’s great, thanks manufacturer’s! But what happens when you’ve reached those kilometers or years. Well, there’s an option to extend the warranty period for your vehicle. Here’s the important part – you have options for where to get your extended warranty. It does not need to be from the dealership, and it does not even need to be when you are buying your new or used car. Actually, buying an extended car warranty outside of a dealership will save you time and money.
Remember the better, faster, more transparent service, Obvi was born (online) to offer exactly that when it comes to extended warranties in Canada.
Let’s break it down. Car dealerships are essentially a middle man, a well-paid middleman. Like all brick and mortar establishments, the costs to provide services are inflated by sales commissions and the overhead costs required to operate and maintain a building, and that cost gets passed on to you. By cutting out this middle man, you can not only avoid the pain points of the experience but also the inflated cost of the product you are buying.
When it comes to extended warranty products, Obvi has eliminated that middle man and connected you directly to insurance experts. (Did you know that their warranty is an insurance policy, not a ‘warranty contract’? You do now! And more about that below.) By going online, you get a better price for a better product and in our view the best extended car warranty in Canada.
A quick look at Obvi.ca offers:
- A free quote for an extended warranty in less than a minute.
- Coverage options to meet your usage needs.
- Live Chat connecting you directly with qualified insurance advisors who are Obvi employees to answer questions as needed.
- No ‘buy-now!’ pressure. You have until 30 days before your manufacturer’s warranty expires to get an extended warranty in place. Note that the earlier you do buy it, the better deal you’ll get.
- The peace of mind of an insurance policy that is administered under strict government regulated financial controls and backed by a Canadian based, A rated insurer, as opposed to a warranty contract that is made between a consumer and the immediate retailer.
- Policies that are written in plain language instead of the technical jargon that you’d be asked to skim through and digest at the dealership.
- Low-cost financing options.
- Lasting value. The warranties are transferable to the next owner of the vehicle (or dealership, should you be trading it in), so you can advertise it as an added bonus when you are ready to sell. Obvi has the only extended warranty in Canada that allows transfer through a dealer trade.
- The ability to cancel your policy if your vehicle gets written off.
To summarize, Obvi.ca offers the best extended car warranty in Canada.