Transferring your Obvi extended warranty when selling your vehicle privately does not need to be difficult. You can make the process much easier AND maximize profit on your vehicle sale with Obvi. Below are the conditions to carry out a private sale transfer as well as the full transfer form.
- Written notice must be received identifying the vehicle’s new owner(s) within 30 days from the date of sale.
- The original policyholder must fulfill any outstanding insurance premium finance contract amounts payable and any other outstanding amounts payable attached to the policy prior to any transfer.
- A copy of the signed bill of sale must be submitted with this form.
- Upon receipt of the completed transfer documents, the new policyholder will be contacted by Obvi Inc. to pay the $100(plus tax) transfer fee.
- An amended declaration page will be sent to the new policyholder confirming the transfer.
- If maintenance history is unavailable, an oil change should be done immediately.
Please check your email inbox for confirmation that your private sale transfer form has been submitted, if you do not receive confirmation within 24 hours please contact us. We will contact you to confirm the completion of the transfer, please contact us if you do not hear from us within 7 days.