Extended Car Warranty – what does it cover?
What is an extended car warranty and what does it cover are some of the most common questions we are asked here at Obvi. Have you been given a detailed policy but still don’t know what the small print means? We’ve had the same experience. That’s why we decided to completely change the way that extended warranties are sold in Western Canada, making the process better for Canadian consumers.
At Obvi, we understand that it can be confusing to sift through pages and pages of policy information with complicated jargon when all you really want is the facts written in the clearest possible way. That’s why Obvi has a no jargon policy written in simple terms, and an easy-to-understand exclusion list; if it’s not excluded, it’s included.
What is an extended car warranty?
When you purchase a new vehicle, it will come with a manufacturer’s warranty which typically lasts for between 3-5 years. An extended car warranty is something you can choose whether to purchase or not, and can come in different forms. See our previous blog explaining the differences.
The main reason why people buy an extended warranty is so that they save money and don’t have to worry about sudden expensive car repairs. For some drivers, having large car repair bills can be too much of a strain on their finances. For others, they just want to save money and have peace of mind in knowing that they are covered.
Extended car warranty: what does it cover?
Depending on where you purchase your extended warranty from, the policy may slightly vary with what is included or excluded.
The main components that Obvi covers are;
- Drive Axles
- Heating / Cooling
To find out more and see excluded components, check out our Warranty page.
Obvi’s Extended Car Warranty
Why is Obvi’s extended car warranty the best option in Western Canada?
- We cut out the middleman, meaning you save up to 70% compared to buying from the dealership
- We keep everything simple and easy to understand
- Our customer service is excellent – you can call us or chat with one of our live agents on our website
- We are with you through the whole process, so if you have a claim, we will also handle your claims
- There is no sales pressure – by going online, you can take your time and do your research. We won’t pressure you into making a purchase
Find out more about Obvi’s extended car warranty.