What’s the best extended car warranty in Canada?
Not everyone is familiar with extended automobile warranties. If you are, the thought may be associated with uncomfortable memories. Such as spending hours in a car dealership while navigating through complicated options and financing with a finance manager. Or, struggling to figure out how to make a claim and who you should be calling.
You could say that the automobile industry is a late adopter when it comes to quality service delivery. Alleviating those pain points has not been a top priority for the industry, especially when it comes to extended car warranty in Canada.
Consumers are demanding better, faster, and more transparent services. Options to avoid the traditional in-store game of car sales have started to pop up online. Options are always a good thing. Better service? Also, good.
So, what about your car warranty, and what is the best extended car warranty in Canada?
A typical manufacturer’s warranty straight from the factory looks something like this: 60,000 km or 3 years. And that’s great — thanks manufacturers!
But what happens when you’ve reached those kilometers or years? Luckily, you can extend the warranty period for your vehicle. And here’s the important part: you have options for where to get your extended warranty. It does not need to be from the dealership, and it does not even need to be right when you are buying your vehicle. In fact, buying an extended car warranty away from the dealership will usually save you time and money.
Car dealerships are essentially a middleman — a well-paid middleman. Like all brick-and-mortar establishments, the costs to provide services are inflated by sales commissions and the overhead required to operate and maintain a building. And, that cost gets past on to you. By cutting out this middleman, you can avoid the pain points of the experience and the inflated cost of the product you are buying.
When it comes to extended warranty products, Obvi has eliminated that middleman and connected you directly to insurance experts. (Did you know that their warranty is an insurance policy, not a “warranty contract”? You do now! More about that below.) By going online you get a better price for a better product and, in our view, the best-extended car warranty in Canada.
A quick look at what Obvi offers:
- A free online quote for an extended warranty in less than a minute.
- Coverage options to meet your usage needs.
- Live Chat connecting you directly with qualified Obvi insurance advisers to answer questions as needed.
- No “buy now!” pressure. Obvi can cover vehicles up to 10 years in age (although the policies are always the most affordable when the vehicle is new).
- The peace of mind of an insurance policy that is administered under strict, government-regulated financial controls and backed by a Canadian-based, A-rated insurer. As opposed to a warranty contract that is made between a consumer and the immediate retailer.
- Policies that are written in plain language, instead of the technical jargon that you’d be asked to skim through and digest at the dealership.
- Low-cost financing options.
- Lasting value. The warranties are transferable to the next owner of the vehicle (or dealership, should you be trading it in), so you can advertise it as an added bonus when you are ready to sell. Obvi has the only extended warranty in Canada that allows transfer through a dealer trade.
- The ability to cancel your policy if your vehicle gets written off and receive a partial refund.